NWP AB will contribute to a sustainable society by conducting and promoting environmentally sound and responsible industrial forestry. In part, this involves requiring that raw materials supplied to us come from forests that have been correctly managed from an environmental standpoint. Impact on the environment is to be limited in all of our additional activities as far as is possible from a technical and economic perspective.
This means that:
- We will takeresponsibility for the environment in all our activities.
- We will conserve natural resources and limit the amount of waste and pollution produced by our own operations.
- We will follow applicable environmental laws and regulations as a minimum requirement and will continually work to improve our operations based on environmental objectives.
- We will transparently report on the environmental impact of our operations and communicate with owners, customers, employees, contractors and local residents about environmental issues.
- We will encourage our suppliers to act responsibly concerning environmental issues and to consider the environment when procuring goods and services.
- We will continuously work to improve our employees' and contractors' competence in environmental issues.
- We will not purchase or work with raw materials from controversial sources, as stipulated by the Swedish PEFC’sdefinition.